Jumat, 27 Juli 2012
Contemplate: How often we do this?
As much as I despise Sex&The City, I do admire one thing from this based-on-book drama serial; it always begun with the main character -carrie-'s questioning, observation, and often ended up in her conclusion to a phenomenon that she saw in her daily life. I think it's the main attractive point for the viewers. because actually they had the same questions. but it seemed that no body bothered -or may be not as good as her- doing the contemplation.
And u know what, it's ironic because as moslems we are urged to do that. human differs with other creature -especially animal- by its ability to THINK. we should not living our life just to fulfil our basic instincts ; hunger, thirst, and other biological drives. The difference is huge, meaningless Vs meaningful life.
that makes me realize how lucky I am that being in a-balanced-academical-and-religious upbringing, I was used to have disccussion about many things, from science (what is gravity?), daily life (how u drive on street reflects your social manner), and religion (fasting indeed makes u healthy,why women are obliged to wear jilbab).
lucky number two, having an education in ITB made me meet many smart people that also having the same agitation with me. I remember I had many disccusions-or debate- with some fellows of mine about philosophical matters, and many of these disscussions were begun with "Why?".
I miss those old glory moments.... despite me and my close friends are living apart right now, I hope somehow we can manage to continue doing it. Or somehow may be it's merely me now. yup, somehow...
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
2 komentar:
Yes, let's ;p. Miss you, too!
the problem is.. so many drafts, and sometimes I got lost before finishing it:D
Posting Komentar